Since the holidays are quickly upon us, I thought I’d share a quick-to-make side dish with everyone. If you’re not a fan of green bean casserole, or you just don’t want to eat all those calories, this could be the perfect green bean side dish substitute for you!
½ lb Green Beans, rinsed
2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
1 ½ tsp Ground Ginger
¼ cup water
1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 tsp Sesame Seeds
- In a wok, or small skillet, heat vegetable oil on high heat. Once oil is heated, reduce heat to medium-high and add green beans, shifting them around so they are all coated in the oil. Add ¼ cup of water to wok.
- Once water begins to boil, add chopped garlic cloves and cook green beans for 5-8 minutes until water is almost completed evaporated, moving them constantly in the wok.
- Once water has evaporated, add ground ginger to the wok and stir in with green beans and garlic. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Remember to keep shifting the green beans so they don’t begin to burn on the bottom of the wok.
- Add 1 tsp of sesame seeds to the wok, and mix throughout the green beans, for an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat, and place on serving platter. Top with the other tsp of sesame seeds. Enjoy!
My recipe only serves 2 because I made it for dinner one night, however, if you wanted to duplicate this for a larger group setting, just double or triple the ingredients needed. Your cooking time will be longer, but it’s totally worth it!
Time to make:
Thanks for reading, and have a great week!
Bows and Arrows,