Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope everyone is relaxing with family and friends, and enjoying the holiday. As it just so happens, today is the one-year anniversary of A Bow and Arrow. So here’s thanks to all of you awesome people out there that made this all worthwhile and have kept up with us throughout the last year, and also to all of you that have just recently discovered A Bow and Arrow.
To celebrate, I thought I would combine the fact that it’s the one-year blogiversary as well as Thanksgiving and make pie crust cookies! These cookies are great to make with those unused piecrusts currently sitting in your freezer. This recipe is also easy enough to let kids help with, so it’s a great way to entertain them after all the adults are passed out from eating so much for Thanksgiving, or are being occupied by football. And, it’s only 4 ingredients!
Pie Crust Cookies
Unbaked classic pie crusts, thawed
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Once piecrusts are thawed, place on a clean surface and flatten out. You can use your hands to flatten out the crust (the thickness should be the same already).
3. Using cookie cutters, cut out shapes in the piecrust and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. You can re-roll out the extra dough to make more cookies, but be careful to not over knead the dough, or it will dry it out.
4. Whisk your egg in a small bowl, and spread on the top of each cookie.
5. While the egg wash is still wet, sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top of each cookie (as much as you’d like).
6. Bake in the oven for 7-10 minutes, or until tops of cookies are golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and allow them to cool. Once cooled, add drops of honey to the tops of the cookies and store or serve right away.
- Cookies last for up to a week when stored in a sealed container at room temperature.
- Time to complete: 20-30 minutes
- Try them with different toppings, or sandwich them together with fun fillings like Nutella, Peanut Butter, Cookie Butter, or fruit jellies/preserves.
Thanks again to everyone, and have an amazing rest of your Thanksgiving. Also, if you’re braving the malls tomorrow, please be safe during the busiest retail day of the year!
One thought on “Happy Thanksgiving + 1 Year Blogiversary + Pie Crust Cookies”
Pingback: November Favorites | A Bow and Arrow