It wouldn’t be a trip to Maryland without having something crab related! One night during my trip last week, my dad made crab cakes for us to have for dinner, and they were so incredibly easy to make (and delicious), I thought I’d share them with you!
2 slices of bread (your choice)
2 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tsp Old Bay seasoning
2 tsp parsley flakes
½ tsp yellow mustard
1 egg, beaten
1 lb crabmeat
- Break up the 2 slices of bread into small pieces into a mixing bowl.
- Add your mayonnaise, Old Bay, parsley flakes, and mustard into mixing bowl with bread.
- In a separate bowl, add your egg and whisk it until the yolk and whites are mixed together.
- In your mixing bowl with all your other ingredients, add your 1 lb of crabmeat and beaten egg.
- Fold the egg and crabmeat, and mixture of other ingredients together.
- Using your hands, form patties with the mixture.
- If you’re using a George Foreman grill, spray or butter your grill and then place down the patties and cook for 3 minutes, flipping, and then cooking for an additional 3 minutes. You can also cook these in a skillet over medium heat, also cooking for 3 minutes, flipping, and cooking for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and enjoy! These can be eaten on buns as sandwiches, or alone with side options.
Let me know if you try out this recipe, and thanks for reading! And thanks to my dad for sharing this recipe! 🙂
Bows and Arrows,