Alfredo is a simple recipe you probably already know how to make. And if you don’t, well, here’s my recipe! This is the perfect recipe to make for dinner after a busy day at work. And since it’s Valentine’s week, why not make this simple recipe for a loved one! 🙂
1 lb fettuccine
1 head of broccoli
1 clove of garlic, minced
¼ cup butter or margarine
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 + 1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp parsley
1 tsp olive oil
- In a large pot, bring water to boil. Add fettuccine and cook according to package.
- In a small pot, bring water to boil. Add broccoli florets and continue to boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small saucepan, add olive oil and garlic over high heat.
- Once garlic becomes fragrant, pour in heavy cream and butter. Reduce heat to medium.
- Continue stirring until butter if fully melted. Once butter is melted, add Parmesan cheese and continue to stir. Keep over medium heat until sauce begins to thicken.
- Add parsley and broccoli to sauce, stir, and remove from heat.
- Top fettuccine pasta with sauce and enjoy.
Time to make: 20 minutes