Since Valentine’s Day is two days away, I thought I’d share a quick and easy DIY treat that you can make for loved ones, your child’s classmates, co-workers, or anyone else that deserves a little something special on the day everyone shows love. This is so easy to do, and they look so special, that it looks like they took longer to make than they actually do! And, if you have kids, this is something you could do with them too!
Microwavable glass bowl
Tall glass cup
Sprinkles, or anything else you wish to decorate with
1. Lay your parchment paper on a flat surface.
2. Add your opened Ziploc bag to your tall glass cup so it’s ready to have melted chocolate added to it.
3. Add your candy melts to your glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Continue to microwave in 15 second increments until candy melts are fully melted.
4. Add your melted chocolate to your Ziploc bag and seal. Snip a small piece of the corner of the bag off to squeeze from.
5. In a circular motion, squeeze your melted chocolate in small circles creating a bigger circle. At one spot, add extra chocolate so you can place your lollipop stick. Once you place your lollipop stick, add a small amount of chocolate to the top of the stick, sealing it in between the candy.
6. While the chocolate is still soft, add your sprinkles and any decorations you want to use, so they will dry into the chocolate.
7. Keep chocolate still for about 20 minutes to allow it to harden. You can transfer it to the fridge once it seems stable if you wish, but it’s not necessary.
8. Package for loved ones! I like placing mine in a small cup of white sugar to create a “flower display.” You can also wrap in cellophane, or store in an airtight container and just pass out to friends.