You definitely don’t need one of these for every day of the week, but I definitely think every girl should have at least one of these tops in their closet.
- Those casual Friday’s you have at work, where you get to wear your skinny jeans, but still have to look put together and slightly dressy. And that’s not the only reason why…
- These types of tops are the perfect shirt option when you can’t wear a t-shirt, but don’t want to feel rigid in a button-down.
- Because they hit you at your natural waist and flair out around your hips, they are also a great option for those days you’re feeling bloated (you know, we all have those days).
- They look great with skinny jeans, flared mini skirts and straight leg trousers.
- They can be layered with blazers, vests, or cardigans, and if they have high necklines, you could even layer collared shirts underneath…but if you’re not into layering, they are still awesome as a stand-alone top.
I have two peplum tops, and while I don’t think they are something that needs to be worn once a week, they are definitely two tops that will stay with me for a while because there is always a time for them.
If you want a peplum top of your own, I recommend going into the brick and mortar stores to try them on! All of our body proportions are different, and peplum tops aren’t always made for the same body type. You want to make sure that the seam before the flare is hitting at your natural waist, and not too low or too high.
Here are some to start your search:
Do you have any peplum tops? If so, how do you wear yours?
Bows and arrows,
Ashley and I have each decided to start a new weekly post! Each week, I will post one item from my closet, and Ashley will post one item from her pantry. I’ll be focusing on how one item can be worn multiple ways, through multiple seasons, ways it can be used, or just simply explain why I love it so much. Ashley will focus on the health aspects of her pantry item, the different ways it can be used in recipes, or just simply why she loves it so much! Essentially, these are the same types of posts, except one is about fashion and the other is about food! Yay!
To start things off, here is the first item I picked from my closet to share with everyone!
Oversized chambray button-down shirt
This is most definitely a staple item in my closet and works amazingly with year round outfits! It’s a lightweight fabric, making it tolerable in the hot summer heat, but it’s also a great layering piece that transitions into the fall and winter. In the spring and summer, I love layering this shirt over my dresses or tanks as a great alternative to cardigans when I get a bit chilly inside in the AC. The sleeves are also a bit oversized, making it easy to cuff up the arm. In the fall and winter, it looks great underneath a sweater, or layered over long sleeve shirts and leggings for that comfortable look.
Don’t mind my messy room…I’ve been cleaning all day! 🙂
Think you need one in your closet too? Here is an exact match!
And here are some similar options:
Keeper Chambray Shirt from J. Crew
AE Chambray Boyfriend Shirt from American Eagle Outfitters
Oversized Light Chambray Shirt from Delia’s
Boyfriend Chambray Shirt by Hinge from Nordstrom
Thanks for reading!